As a grassroots community environmental charity, we always have plenty of opportunities for volunteers to help our vital work on the Wandle.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Cleanups and river restoration: join our monthly community cleanups, clearing rubbish and invasive species from the river, as well as special habitat creation events
- Pollution monitoring: become a member of our network of trained volunteers to help the Environment Agency assess and respond more quickly to pollution incidents
- Event support: join our Event Support Team and get trained in event management to help us deliver river cleanups and other activities
- Trout in the Classroom: help us set up tanks and support local schools during our annual educational programme
- Mapping invasive non-native species: record when and where invasive species appear along the Wandle
- Research: involve the Wandle in your research, and help us learn more about the river at the same time
- Administration and paperwork: assist us with running the charity on a day to day basis, responding to consultations, and other office-based activities
Additionally, if you have any specialist skills or qualifications that you’d like to offer to the Wandle Trust, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and tell us about them.
And… however you choose to volunteer with us, thank you so much for your support!